Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What is the all time lowest attendance figure for an AFL match played in Melbourne - does anyone know?

Surely this record will be given a nudge next week when Melbourne play Carlton. I should imagine there will only be friends, rellies %26amp; the usuual freeloaders at that game.What is the all time lowest attendance figure for an AFL match played in Melbourne - does anyone know?
lol, it will probs be like the Pura Cup in cricket where its hard to get 100 people in there over the whole 4 days!





if its really wet AND really cold, I wouldnt be suprised if that record is not broken





edit: max....that isnt technically AFL era, thats VFL era.What is the all time lowest attendance figure for an AFL match played in Melbourne - does anyone know?
dick Report Abuse

For an VFL match , the lowest attendance is 2000 at Hawthorn Vs. Melbourne at Glenferrie Oval in 1941.


Collingwood Vs. Hawthorn in 1942 at Victoria Park also had 2000 people at the venue. Don't know about AFL though.





Edit- Thanks aflumpire I was confused.
nah i dont reckon that at all, Carlton still have a huge fan base
2000 (approx) so I have been told.





I may go as I'm sure I'll see quite a few of my kinfolk at this game!

No comments:

Post a Comment