Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Can I have a bumblebee goby and figure eight puffer tank?

I want to set up a 5 to 10 gallon brackish tank with bumblebee gobies and figure eight puffer(s). Can they share a tank this size? And if so, how many of each?Can I have a bumblebee goby and figure eight puffer tank?
Please see below for figure 8 compatibility from badmanstropicalfish.com


I have found the Figure Eights to be fairly easy to care for. They are generally not picky eaters, consuming most anything you drop in the tank. They are extremely adaptable to rapid changes in salinity, and it appears that they do very well in full marine conditions if properly acclimated. Although I wouldn't go as far as to say Figure Eights are Community fish, they are docile enough to have tank mates in most cases. I have kept my Figure Eights with other Puffers, including Green Congos, Ceylons, a South American and other Figure Eights. There were a few instances of the Figure Eights chasing one another, but that is common in most any species of fish. There was very little aggression between them and members of other species. I also have kept Bumble Bee Gobies, Cory Cats, Flying Foxes, Guppies, Mollies, Bettas and Jumbo Neons with my Figure Eights and other Puffers. I only lost one Goby and I think Ox, my S. American, ate him.


Minimum tank size for figure 8 tank is 30 gallons though. They range in size from 4 - 8';. For a 5';, 30 gallons is recommended. They aren't bad as juvies, but need to be kept as one single puffer once adult.


The gobies need about a 16'; across tank, 5 - 10 gallons will suffice. They should be housed with peaceful brackish fish.Can I have a bumblebee goby and figure eight puffer tank?
No, unfortunnatly, that type of puffer will eat, you little goby. if you would get one of thos too fish i think you should do the goby, there so cute.


GOOD LUCK!~~~
Nope
Nope. Puffies eat cute little gobies.
  • va loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment